coolmapiehoff

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Shooting Rats at the Bibb County Dump

The poem "Shooting Rats at the Bibb County Dump", written by David Bottoms, is, in my opinion, one of the worst poems I have ever read. It speaks of stupid, inhumane acts like driving drunk and shooting rats. I am horrified to find out this idiotic poem was selected for the 1979 Walt Whitman award! I could easily expand on my ideas and resort to vulgarity and calling names but I feel this would not be worth my time.

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Lol, very well said my friend.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jerry D. said...

I agree with you on this. When I think of getting drunk and shooting rats for fun one word comes to mind. Why? I think he should have thought this over a bit more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home