coolmapiehoff

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

computers are running slow again.

For the last 20minutes I have been attempting to access a link to "The Secret Letter From Iraq", so I could read this passage and compare it to the story of Billy Pilgrim, one of the main characters of the book Slaughter House Five. My computer however refuses to present this page to me, so I will make a valliant attempt to make this comparison without actually reading the passage.
In the story, Billy is a, seemingly out of place, young man who is slipping in and out of the present time frame, constantly visiting the future and the past and therefore he is often oblivious to what is going on in reality. He walks around in destroyed loafers, bobbing up and down, and frequently gets his life saved by his comrade, Roland Weary, when gun-shots ring out and he makes no response to them whatsoever. I assume that in "The Secret Letter From Iraq" a soldier finds himself in a simmilar shell-shock induced situation. I sincerely wish I could have achieved the apparently daunting and unreasonable task of loading up the page in order to contrast between the two pieces of literature.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home